Thank you for your interest to be a part of this year’s Main Street Food Truck Festival! We are honored to be hosting this event for the 9th consecutive year. With your ongoing support and commitment to the mobile food community you have helped to create one of the best events Arkansas has to offer! Not only is this event recognized as one of the BEST in the USA but it has been voted top in our state from various agencies, magazines and people’s choice awards. This year, over 50 food trucks as well as street buskers and artists, pop-up retailers and an interactive children’s village will add to the excitement.
When and Where
Sunday, September 22, 2019 from 11:00a.m. – 6:00p.m. Located in the 300-800 block of Main Street crossing at Capitol from Main Street to Spring Street; Downtown Little Rock, AR 72201
Registration Documents and Fee
Registration deadline for applications: August 1, 2019. Payment deadline once accepted is August 19, 2019. Application does not guarantee a spot in this year’s festival. You will be notified by email no later than August 1, 2019 if you have been accepted into the festival. If we do not have final payment by August 19, 2019 your spot in the festival will be lost. This is a rain or shine festival. By submitting payment you hereby agree to all terms set within this application form.
The 2019 MSFTF participation fee is $260. The festival entry fee may be paid by cash, check, money order or by credit card (fees apply). Deadline for paying is August 15. *If vendor recruits a sponsor ($300 donation), vendor participation fee will be refunded once sponsorship has been paid in full. Sponsor is required to fill out a sponsor form. Contact DLRP for more information.
It is the vendor’s responsibility to meet all required city and state permits and be familiar with AR Health Department codes and regulations. Documents required for participation consideration are listed below. Do not send expired documents.
- Completed registration form
- Photo of truck
- Menu – limited to four items plus one sample item (priced under $5)- this is not optional.
- Check made out to DLRP
- Copy of AR Health Department License
- Copy of your city’s business/operating license
- Copy of certificate of general liability insurance listing DLRP as additionally insured
Checks should be made out to: Downtown Little Rock Partnership (DLRP)
Mail to: Downtown Little Rock Partnership | P.O. Box 1937, Little Rock, AR 72203
Application must be submitted byAugust 1, 2019 to be considered for MSFTF 2019. Trucks applying after deadline will be taken on a case by case basis and will be subject to paying a higher participation fee.
Load in will take place between 8:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m. on Sunday, September 22. All additional vehicles MUST be moved out of festival area by 9:30 a.m. Your operation set-up must be completed by 10:00 a.m. The AR Health Department will begin necessary inspections at this time. If you arrive after 9:30 a.m., you will forfeit your participation in the event. This is a ‘no tolerance’ policy.
Main Street Food Truck Festival is an outdoor event and no alternate rain date or site is planned. The festival will not be cancelled because of rain. Vendors should come prepared for the weather. Tents, canopies and pop-ups must be secured to withstand wind and weather. (sandbags or water barrels are required as outlined in City ordinance)
Little Rock Police Department will provide security during event hours only. No items may be left overnight. You are responsible for your things. Downtown Little Rock Partnership, Main Street Food Truck Festival, event volunteers and any organization affiliated with the event assume no responsibility or liability for loss or damaged items or equipment.
All trucks MUST have a working fire extinguisher on site, serviced within the past year.
Ben E. Keith is supplying refrigerated/frozen food storage for the event. If you would like to purchase supplies from them, contact our office and we will put you in touch with a representative. A security volunteer will be at the trailer during the festival. The pre-event storage drop off will be Satuday, September 21 from 2:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m. DROP OFF IS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. All items should be removed prior to the festival end on Sunday at 6:00 p.m.
Vendors are responsible for keeping their area clean, including clean-up and trash removal after the event. DO NOT dump water, grease or any other liquid on the pavement. Ice chests or other containers should not drain onto the pavement. Remove all trash created by your food truck from the area.
This is a non-ticketed event. Attendees will pay directly to the vendor. Each vendor is responsible for his/her own sales. Sponsors may pay with event coupons that are clearly marked, DLRP and MUST be accepted for the value noted on each coupon. After the event, each truck will be reimbursed 100% for any VIP Truck Bucks taken. Reimbursement will take place DAY OF only. No coupon reimbursement will take place after Saturday, September 8.
When you arrive, the block captain will issue you a Department of Finance and Administration SALES TAX envelope. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO FILL OUT THE PAPERWORK AND RETURN IT TO THE BLOCK CAPTAIN PRIOR TO LEAVING THE FESTIVAL.
All vendors must be 100% self- contained. No electricity or water will be available. You may not plug in to city light posts. Any one plugging into city light poles will be disconnected by City officials.
Take down should not begin prior to 6 p.m. on Sunday. When customers see vendors closing they stop buying. Remain open until event closing, even if truck is sold out. The festival permit expires at 6 p.m. You are required to stop taking money at that time and begin closing procedures. For the safety of those attending, leaving early will not be permitted. Once the BLOCK CAPTAIN has cleared you for departure and collected your sales tax envelope, you are welcome to leave.
- Each truck will provide 7 complimentary meal vouchers/ coupons to feed volunteers. Each Cart will provide 4 meal vouchers.
- Each truck must offer at least one sample size item. This item will be listed as your featured item and MSFTF will use this to promote your business. This sample menu item must not be priced higher than $5. The “taste” item must be a “taste” size portion for 1 or 2 people and be an item that is on your menu.
- Menus should be limited to four (4) quick-serve items and one sample item – this will enable more patrons to be served and increase sales.
- Turn- around times should be 1 minute or less.
- Menus are required to be submitted to MSFTF Officials and should be posted on the truck. Prices of food items must be clearly displayed along with methods of payment accepted. Tax must be included in menu pricing.
- Vendors may sell non-alcoholic beverages.
- The DAY OF menu should list only the food and drink items you are serving at MSFTF along with the price (including tax). Menus with duct tape hiding items that will not be served will not be allowed. If you need help making or printing a menu, please let us know.