Thank you to our 2019 Arts & Crafts and Marketplace vendors!
The 2019 festival will be Sunday, September 22, 2019, from 11 a.m.- 6 p.m. on Main Street and adjacent streets in downtown Little Rock. This is one of the best events Arkansas has to offer! This year we are proud to announce: MSFTF has been named FESTIVAL OF THE YEAR by the Arkansas Festivals and Events Association (AFEA) in conjunction with Arkansas Parks and Tourism! The 2018 festival had over had over 45,000 in attendance and over 60 food trucks from Arkansas and surrounding states! The festival also includes art, craft and marketplace vendors and vuskers.
The event is a project of the Downtown Little Rock Partnership (DLRP), the Main Street Revitalization Task Force and Centennial Bank, presenting sponsor, with a mission of bringing people and activity to Main Street.
- The MSFTF uses a juried selection process for (1) arts, (2) crafts (handmade by vendor), (3) marketplace vendors (non-handmade by vendor) and (4) emerging artists / handcrafters, a new category for 2019. See Festival Guidelines for more information.
- A limited number of vendors will be accepted. Application does not guarantee a spot in this year’s festival.
- Documents required for participation must be submitted by NOON on Thursday, August 1 in order to be considered.
- All vendors will be notified of acceptance by Monday, August 5. Checks will be deposited or credit cards charged at that time.
- Late entries will be considered only if there is space. There will be a late fee charged.
For questions regarding vendor eligibility, booths, and other information contact Dondi Warren at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding payment and legal/tax compliance contact Becky Falkowski at 501-375-0121 or email@example.com
We appreciate your interest and look forward to this exciting event for Main Street and downtown Little Rock!
2019 Rules and Regulations
- Official date and time: Main Street Food Truck Festival will take place on September 22, 2019 from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Main Street Food Truck Festival is an outdoor event; rain or shine. Vendors should come prepared for the weather.
- Eligibility: Artists must be 16 years or older and stay at the event for its entirety.
- Art and Craft items for sale must be original, handmade works created by the artist. Prints of two-dimensional work are acceptable.
- Marketplace (non-handmade by vendor). All non-handmade items. Unapproved goods: food items (except prepackaged), beverages, buy-sell items, mass produced items, selling of any drug paraphernalia, tobacco products, or weapons, or bringing items unlike those juried, or setting up booths unlike those juried. Violators will be expelled immediately from the event with no refund.
- Young / emerging creatives (handmade arts / crafts) must present a student id or proof of active enrollment in a post-secondary program of study.
- Documents required for participation:
- Completed application form.
- Inclusion of check or credit card #. The booth fee for all vendors (except emerging artist / handcrafters) is $85 for a single 10’x10′ empty space. For the emerging artist / handcrafter, the booth fee is $35 for one (1) 6′ table. Submit all forms and application fees BY NOON on August 1st for consideration. A personal / business check or credit card number for $85 must accompany the application form, or $35 for emerging artists / handcrafters. Forms without payment and required documentation will not be considered. Checks should be made out to: Downtown Little Rock Partnership and mailed to P.O. Box 1937, Little Rock, AR 72203 or dropped off at 101 East Capitol, Suite 106 (Main Street Mall).
- Three (3) photos of recent work.
- One (1) photo of a sample booth setup (not required of emerging artists / handcrafters).
- Load In: Begins 8:00 a.m. and ends 9:00 a.m. No exceptions. Late arrivals will not be allowed to vend and will not be refunded. If an assigned space is unoccupied by persons or furnishings by 9:00 a.m., MSFTF has the right to repurpose the space without refund. An e-packet with a Drive and Drop schedule, specific instructions and particular assignment information will be sent two weeks prior to the event.
- Demonstrations: Live, interactive or teaching demonstrations are strongly encouraged. i.e. painting on site, make-n-take, shaping clay, caricatures, portraits, floral arranging, DIY projects, modeling.
- Booth staffing: Booths must be occupied by vendor applicant at all times during festival hours. Assistants are permitted as long accompanying the booth applicant. Please keep your booth open until the festival ends at 6 p.m. Wristbands will be available for $10, limit 2 per booth, for use of restroom in the Main Street Mall and one boxed lunch per wristband. Portable public restrooms are also available.
- Booth safety: Vendors must obey all laws pertaining to health, fire prevention, and public safety.
- Booth Space, Furnishings & Location: Each vendor will have a pre-assigned and marked 10’ x 10’ space along Main Street or on Capitol Avenue in Downtown Little Rock, Arkansas. Placement requests are not guaranteed. The space will be 10′ x 10′ (entire booth must fit inside the space). All booths will be located outside. Vendors are encouraged to bring tent, tables, chairs, etc. to personalize 10′ x 10′ space. It is the vendor’s responsibility to furnish the assigned booth space. The MSFTF does not provide tents, tables or display materials. City ordinance requires all tents to be anchored with cement blocks, water barrels or sandbags. Unsecured tents or canopies will not be allowed.
- Electricity: No electric service is provided. Generators are not allowed.
- Insurance: The MSFTF is not responsible for insuring the vendors’ works or displays and cannot accept responsibility for theft or damage. Security is provided during the festival and setup.
- Clean up: Leave the vendor area in the condition that it was originally received, i.e. removal of all debris such as boxes and trash. Trash and recyclables must be deposited in designated receptacles only. Refusal to do so will limit vendor’s participation in subsequent festivals.
- Parking: Parking is permitted in designated areas only, in the 6th and Scott parking deck or outside event barricades.
- Refunds: MSFTF will not give refunds. There are no exceptions.
- Taxes: The State of Arkansas requires that anyone selling anything, regardless of age, is liable for reporting and paying sales tax. Due to this state requirement, all vendors, including emerging artists and handcrafters, will be given a sales tax form upon arrival. At the end of the event, complete the form; recording sales for the day and return it to the MSFTF block captain. Failure to return the form will limit vendor’s participation in subsequent festivals.